Image Slider By helperblogger.com The slide is a linking image Pure Javascript. No jQuery. No flash. #htmlcaption

Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Our Family's September Favorites


Happy Tuesday everyone!! 
Hope you all are having a blessed day so far. I am about to go start fixing supper but I wanted to share with you all really quick a few of my family's "favorites" from this past month.

For our home:
Lemon Zest Yankee Candle

I am just now getting my fall candles out but one that I love (and you could use all year long) is the lemon scent Yankee Candle. I got mine from TJMaxx and couldn't find the exact same one but this one from Amazon I believe is similar. It has a very "clean" smell and I think is great in the kitchen any time of the year!

SpaMist Ultrasonic Diffuser
A few months ago, I had a real bad sinus infection and my sweet husband went to Vitamin Shoppee and picked up this diffuser and essential oils to see if it would help. I got on Pinterset to find good combinations for sinus problems and have been loving Tea Tree Oil. It really helps to clear me up and I also like to diffuse Pillow Potion when I go to sleep. Now since then, I have realized TJMaxx sells the oils and I prefer to get them from there. Lemon is currently my favorite and I also use it in my homemade cleaner. If you are interested in trying a diffuser, the SpaMist is a good one to start with as it is only $24.99.

...............................................................................

For Me:


My hair usually gets oily the day after I wash it but I like to wait at least another day before I do to prevent damage since I also have dry scalp. I have tried out a few dry shampoos but have stuck with this one the past few months. It doesn't leave a white residue (as long and you rub it in some) and it actually works on taking care of the oil in my hair and does not cake up. I usually purchase it from Ulta because I am able to use a coupon. 


I have issues with my back and sleeping well at night so I started trying out detox baths. So far, I am loving them and try to take 2 detoxing baths a week. I add a couple drops of some lavender essential oil which help my sinus' a lot too. There are other options of detoxing baths and Pinterest is the best place to search for them. I plan on adding some ground ginger, apple cider vinegar and baking soda to my next one.


Skechers Memory Foam Sneakers

A while back I started having issues with my feet hurting real bad and knew it was time to replace my sneakers. I didn't want to spend a fortune so I headed to TJMaxx. They always have a wide selection of shoes to choose from but as soon as I put my foot into these, I knew they were the right fit. I couldn't find the same ones online so I just suggest if you are looking for new sneakers, go to TJMaxx and see what they have!

...........................................................................

For Him:
L'HOMME cologne

If you are ever looking to find a new cologne/perfume, just go up to Belk and ask for samples. We keep small cups with samples in them to try out for a while. RJ recently started trying this one and has almost gone through the entire sample bottle. I am hoping he will move onto other samples because I now know what I can get him for Christmas! :)

...........................................................................

For the kids:
Stackadoos

Right now, my boys are enjoying playing with these Stackadoos. We bought them from Target and thought they would be good for fine motor skills. They make me take them out every day to play with and it is fun to see their imaginations at play.



I home school my boys and right now my youngest is having trouble recognizing his ABC's. A friend of mine recommended this DVD to me and so far, it seems to be helping. I will let him watch it once a day usually after "school-time." 


Alright, that is all I have for this month! Let me know if any of you try any of this stuff out and how you liked them. Hope you all have a blessed day!



*My YouTube video:















No comments:

Post a Comment