Image Slider By helperblogger.com The slide is a linking image Pure Javascript. No jQuery. No flash. #htmlcaption

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Tasty Tasty Taco Pie

Every week I have been trying a new recipe because let's just face it, I am getting tired of fixing and eating the "same ole' thing." Pinterest has been my go-to for my search and last night I made Taco Pie and it was easy to make and YUMMY! Thought I would share the recipe with you guys so here goes:

Let's start off with our ingredients: 
1-2 lb. ground beef
(I used ground turkey instead 
of beef and it tasted great!)
                            1/2 c. water
1 (4 oz.) can sliced olives
(optional)
1 can crescent roll dough
1 c. sour cream
1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
2 c. crushed corn chips

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
Cook your meat until it is no longer pink, drain and return to pan.
Add the taco seasoning, water and olives.
Let simmer for 5 minutes. 


   Next you need to separate your crescent roll dough into triangles and place into a 9" pie dish, points toward the center of the dish. Press the seams together to form the crust.
       As I was making this, I realized that I had disposed of my pie dish a while back so I had to improvise and this is how mine turned out. You could probably use any type of dish and it would turn out fine!

Sprinkle 1 cup crushed corn chips onto crust.
Spoon meat mixture on top of chips evenly.
Stir sour cream until smooth and then spread over meat.
Cover with cheese and remaining corn chips.
Bake until the crust is golden brown, about 20-25 minutes. 

Can be served with salsa. Hope you all enjoy, I know I sure did! 

No comments:

Post a Comment