Image Slider By helperblogger.com The slide is a linking image Pure Javascript. No jQuery. No flash. #htmlcaption

Monday, April 25, 2016

Spring Purge: Clothing



Happy Monday everyone!
Hope you all had a great weekend! I was out of town for a friend's wedding so today has been spent trying to catch up on stuff around the house. Luckily it did not take me too long to get everything done so I decided this week would be a great time to start on some Spring purging!

I started in my room by taking everything out of the closet.

I had some help from two little boys but you can barely see my helpers through the mound of clothing. LOL

As I started going through things, I decided that if I had not worn it recently or did not fit into it, it was being donated. I am trying to take a more simplistic approach to things because well, that's it, they are just things and there is no reason to hold onto it. I am bad about telling myself that I will probably use it "one day" or it holds "sentimental value" to me. It is time to let go of some stuff!!

So, here is my before and after:



This is everything I own, summer and winter. The bins at the top (which are made from Pampers boxes with fabric modpodged onto them) hold my seasonal clothes) and the bins in the cubical hold my PJ's, undergarments, workout clothes and shorts. 

After doing my room, I went onto the kids...
(forgot a before picture but I could barely open her drawers)

(still have to pull out the boys summer shorts)

So, this is everything we got rid of:

It ended up filling up two trash bins and are piled into my car to take to Haven of Rest. So nice to get rid of some stuff that will hopefully benefit someone else. Onto my makeup table tomorrow! 







No comments:

Post a Comment