Image Slider By helperblogger.com The slide is a linking image Pure Javascript. No jQuery. No flash. #htmlcaption

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Mini Front Door Makeover

Part of my zone cleaning today was cleaning my front doo. As I was wiping down the door, I realized it has not been re-painted or updated since we bought our house 10 years ago. So, of course I had to do something about this! :)

First on my list was to spray paint the handle of my glass screen door. It has bugged me for a long time and was well over-do! We bought this spray paint a while back to re-do our light fixtures (which I am hoping to do soon) and thought I would try it out on the handle. 


After cleaning the door handle, I taped off the area to begin spray painting. I tried to take the handle off the door frame but apparently I am too weak and could not unscrew the screws and did not want to risk stripping it. 


Got to spraying and here is the before and the after...


Here is a peak at the inside handle...


After doing that, I decided that the lookout glass of the door needed an update also.


Yeah, that used to be white but I guess 15 years (our house was around 5 years old when we bought it) made it turn yellow. LOL

Since I am trying to get rid of the gold accents, I decided our address numbers needed a little sprucing up too.  So here is the before and after...


I still need to repaint the door because when you look up close, you can see scratches and spots from years of using it. I think it looks good for now until I come back around to it in two months for another zone clean. :) 








No comments:

Post a Comment